Men's hairstyles change just as often as women's and are just as important, but unlike women, men's hairstyles tend to creep up more slowly and could mix between two types of already trendy styles from years before.
Here are some of 2012's most trendy hairstyles for men
How to get the rockabilly look:
- The classic rockabilly cut is long on top and very short on the sides and back
- towel-dry your hair and then liberally apply pomade with your fingers. Choose if you want a parted greaser style, a slicked-back greaser style or a pompadour.
- Comb your hair straight back or part your hair and comb it back. Use your fingers to tease the front, turning any curls into defined curls. You may want to use a wax to piece out a few curls.(wax is a better tool to use than a pompadour because this can leave the hair looking greasy)
- Use your hair dryer to dry your hair straight up, using a brush to lift the hair and applying wax at the roots to help it stand up. Use a comb and your fingers to guide the hair back, maintaining the required volume in front.
Slicked hair and parted to one side-mad men style
Who this look is for:
- This is a hairstyle ideal for men with relatively straight hair as the hair is more likely to sit flat on the head complimenting the hairstyle’s ‘slick’ shape.
- If you have curly hair you can straighten or give it a straight blow-dry before you begin to style.
- If you have a receding hairline or fine hair and are self conscious of either, then discuss this with your hairdresser before getting your hair cut. This is a hairstyle that can highlight areas where men recede – though that’s not a problem for everyone.
Shoulder length hair
What to do with it
- When styling this look, create texture with a "surf" spray and a smoothing cream to eliminate frizz.
- If you have long, fine hair and don’t have time to properly style it, wear it back in a ponytail.
- The styling for this works best if the hair is one-day old, as scalp’s natural oils assist in the creating texture.
- Its easiest to manage with straight hair or manageable waves.
- Maintain one length for the hair; create one solid line that ends just where the collar starts. If any longer, it’ll be hard to manage.